Dear KIS Families,
Today, the school sent out a notice concerning the city’s decision to move into the Red Zone and to close ALL schools, regardless of whether the school has met the vaccination obligation. As such, we must also follow the requirements of the city. To be clear, KIS was provided with no other option.
As a result of this decision, on Monday, November 1st, Kyiv International School will be taking the following actions:
- 2-YEAR-OLD through 5-YEAR-OLD - ON CAMPUS
These restrictions still permit us to have 2-year-old through 5-year-old classes on campus.
- 6-YEAR-OLD through SECONDARY - ONLINE
All other classes from 6YO and up through Secondary are being asked to move to online learning. Teachers and students will make any necessary preparations today for this time.
We do not know, at this time, how long we will be online, but will be prepared to return to campus as soon as we are able.
Online Schedules and Plan
Since not all students have had experience with online learning yet this year, there may be some who are trying to navigate a new system and schedule. Please look for messaging and guidance from each division, as each division has slightly different schedules.
Our school office team, including, the Business, Admissions, and Divisional offices will continue to operate as normally as possible.
We will take a look at our bus routes this weekend and inform anyone taking school transportation if there are any changes to pick-up times, but plan to operate our buses as normal.
KFN will continue to provide lunch services for those who are on campus. They will make adjustments for those who have paid for school lunch and are not on campus.
We hope that you understand that this is not the decision we were hoping for or wanted. We had hoped to have students on campus and have been working hard to do so. We appreciate all of your support.
Kyiv International School
30 October - Pumpkin Virtual Cross Country Race
2 November - SL Cross Country Race - Cancelled
3 November - MS Football Tournament - Cancelled
5 November - HS Football Tournament - Cancelled
19-20 November - CEESA Speech and Debate - TBD
25-26 November - Professional Development Days - No School
- Up to 90 % of staff are vaccinated.
- Following new vaccination guidelines from Ministry of Health for schools.
- Placing CO2 monitors in all classrooms as spaces.
- Vendors that come to school campus, go through PRC tests at KIS nurse's office and only after getting negative result are admitted to students.
- Air purifiers, sensor water stations and hand sanitizers are easily accessible for students and staff to use.
- Several confirmed Covid-19 cases at KIS this week.
- Starting Monday, November 1st, 6 y.o. - Sec IV classes are moving to online
Nov 2: Cross Country Race
Nov 3: MS Football Tournament
Nov 5: HS Football Tournament
We would like to thank everyone who participated in our Fall Season.
Our fall season sports and activities (football, cross country, badminton, cheer, cross-fit, chess, MS robotics) will end next week.
The Winter Season will start on November 22nd. Sign-ups for winter will be open from November 1st to 15th. Secondary cross-fit, cheer and chess will be available again next season.
HS Speech and Debate will continue until the tournament on November 19th + 20th.
MS Band will continue until December, as they plan to play holiday music in the lobby, leading up to the winter break.
Middle School Sports on Tuesday/Thursday
- Table Tennis
Middle School Activities on Monday/Wednesday
- Speech and Debate
- Math Counts
- Cheer Club (Monday)
- Basketball/Swimming (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Cross Fit (Monday and Wednesday)
- Table Tennis (Tuesday OR Thursday)
- Chess Club (Tuesday/Thursday)
- Math Counts (Thursday)
- Knowledge Bowl (Tuesday/Thursday)