Dear KIS Community,
Welcome back! It was very nice to have a longer break throughout the holidays, but it feels great to have students back and be in school. We hope that everyone had a good winter break and was able to enjoy time with friends and family. It always takes a few days to get everyone back into the swing of things and wake up early in the morning again.
It Gets Cold Out There
The weather has been pretty cold this week, so just a reminder to send students with warm clothes and layers. If the temperature drops towards -20 degrees Celsius, we make some shifts in our time outdoors. We want our students to be outside as much as we can, but understand there are some limitations.
KIS Administration Announcement - New Secondary Director of Instruction
We are happy to announce that Rachel Geary will be the new Secondary Director of Instruction. We are excited to have her shift in this administrative role and look forward to the positive continued leadership she will bring to our secondary program. Ms. Geary has been at KIS for many years, but if you are new to KIS, there is a brief message from her below.
Updated COVID-19 protocols
Please pay close attention to the COVID-19 guidelines. We post these each week and make sure to communicate directly with those who have COVID or are first-level contacts. There have been several cases during the winter break and we have had a few cases this week. We report all our COVID-related statistics in our “COVID Updates” section of the website.
Again, we are happy to be back and are looking forward to a new year. I sincerely hope that 2022 will be a wonderful year for all of us!
Kyiv International School
17 January - MAP Testing Begins
18 January - Elementary Activities Term 2 Start
18 January - MS Basketball games 4-6 PM - livestream
19 January - HS Basketball games 4-6 PM - livestream
25 January - MS Basketball games 4-6 PM - livestream
26 January - HS Basketball games 4-6:30 PM - livestream
28 January - Parent-Teacher Conferences - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- 100% of staff are vaccinated.
- Following new vaccination guidelines from Ministry of Health for schools.
- Placing CO2 monitors in all classrooms as spaces.
- Most of the vendors that come to the school campus are vaccinated; the ones who are not, go through PRC tests at KIS nurse's office and only after getting negative result are admitted to students.
- Students and Staff take rapid antigen test before competitions with other schools.
- Air purifiers, sensor water stations and hand sanitizers are easily accessible for students and staff to use.
- 23 confirmed Covid-19 cases at KIS identified in Winter Break Covid screening (testing to return) and 2 staff cases that impacted the class closure this week.
" My name is Rachel Geary and I have worked for QSI for 17 years in a wide variety of positions. In my last ten years at Kyiv International School I have been the Resource Coordinator, IB Coordinator and also head of the Student Life department, serving as the Athletic Director and Activities Coordinator. My experience with QSI include AP Coordinator, SAT Coordinator, MAP Coordinator and IE Coordinator. My teaching background is in literature and writing and I have taught IB and AP classes.
"I am very excited for my new role as the Secondary Director of Instruction at Kyiv International School. I am looking forward to working with our amazing secondary students and their families and supporting a strong, committed academic community and an active and vibrant student life."