Dear KIS Community,
I just wanted to put a quick note in the newsletter this week. I will be sending out a separate KIS Informer with more information about the school's crisis management planning. Some of this will help those in our community understand how authorized and ordered departure of expats in Ukraine may impact our teaching staff.
We will also have a Community Coffee Chat on Wednesday, January 26th, at 10:00 to discuss the current situation and how it effects the school.
Kyiv International School
25 January - MS Basketball games 4-6 PM - livestream
26 January - Virtual Community Coffee Chat
26 January - HS Basketball games 4-6:30 PM - livestream
28 January - Parent-Teacher Conferences - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
4 - 5 February - HS Knowledge Bowl Tournament
4 - 5 February - HS Speech and Debate Tournament
21 - 25 February - School Break
- 100% of staff are vaccinated.
- Following new vaccination guidelines from Ministry of Health for schools.
- Placing CO2 monitors in all classrooms as spaces.
- Most of the vendors that come to the school campus are vaccinated; the ones who are not, go through PRC tests at KIS nurse's office and only after getting negative result are admitted to students.
- Students and Staff take rapid antigen test before competitions with other schools.
- Air purifiers, sensor water stations and hand sanitizers are easily accessible for students and staff to use.
- Several confirmed Covid-19 cases at KIS this week: 3 staff and 12 students.