Dear KIS Community,
This week has definitely tested our limits at KIS with our COVID response, staffing, and internet. So many teachers have made adjustments and willingly stepped in to help out where needed. Words cannot express how grateful I am for our team of teachers and staff who adapt and step up to make things work. Right now, it feels like a COVID revolving door with many classes coming from and going into quarantine. We know how disruptive this can be, but we appreciate your support, as we are trying to keep things as operational as possible during this current wave. The numbers in Ukraine are very high right now. I would also like to thank several of our parents who offered to come and support the school with coverage when needed. This has been extremely helpful!
We also had some internet provider issues this week. Some of you may have experienced this disruption, as we have been trying to run a hybrid program. Please know that our teachers were doing everything they could to connect. We hope this was an isolated issue and shouldn't be a problem moving forward.
Even in the midst of a challenging week, good things continue to happen on campus, and we hope to keep our doors open as long as we can. We want to have as much face-to-face learning as possible and continue to provide a sense of community for everyone at KIS, no matter where they might be.
Kyiv International School
7 - 9 February - QSI Global University Week
11 February - HS Speech and Debate
21 - 25 February - School Break
- 100% of staff are vaccinated.
- Following new vaccination guidelines from Ministry of Health for schools.
- Placing CO2 monitors in all classrooms as spaces.
- Most of the vendors that come to the school campus are vaccinated; the ones who are not, go through PRC tests at KIS nurse's office and only after getting negative result are admitted to students.
- Students and Staff take rapid antigen test before competitions with other schools.
- Air purifiers, sensor water stations and hand sanitizers are easily accessible for students and staff to use.
- Confirmed Covid cases at KIS this week: 7 staff and 23 students.