COVID-19 Learning Models
Adapting to the Needs of our Campus Community
Kyiv International School is committed to providing healthy and safe learning environments for our students and staff. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the school has implemented best practices and guidelines recommended by the World Health Organization and the United States Center for Disease Control. We offer two purposeful learning models, each designed to meet the needs of our campus community.
On Campus Learning
When COVID-19 risk levels are deemed to be low, the school will operate regular daily schedule with all students on campus five days a week.
Under this model, COVID-19 health and safety best practices and guidelines will continue to be followed.
When COVID-19 risk levels are deemed to be high, the school will follow the Distance Learning Model. The schedules and procedures will be shared.
School Campus Closure Notice
Monday, November 1st, Kyiv International School will be taking the following actions:
- 2-YEAR-OLD through 5-YEAR-OLD - ON CAMPUS These restrictions still permit us to have 2-year-old through 5-year-old classes on campus.
- 6-YEAR-OLD through SECONDARY - ONLINE All other classes from 6YO and up through Secondary are being asked to move to online learning. Teachers and students will make any necessary preparations today for this time.
- Best Practices and Guidelines
- Transportation Procedures
- Pickup & Drop Off Procedures
- Face Coverings While on Campus
- School Lunch Procedures
- Cleaning, Sanitizing and Ventilation
- Community Responsibility and Communication
- Suspected and Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 at KIS
- School Breaks – NEGATIVE PCR or ANTIGEN TEST TO RETURN