Cultural Awareness and Digital Literacy, Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, Leadership and Collaboration.
Our curriculum emphasizes 21st Century literacy and life skills that allow learners to excel in academically rigorous classrooms.
Kyiv International School strives to build connected learning environments which invite student engagement and academic success.
KIS implements the best practices of modern, student-centered learning in the most friendly and balanced approach. Our teachers provide the time and resources needed for each student to attain mastery.
Acknowledging the opportunities and challenges of the rapidly changing world, KIS provides a high-performing digital integration and robust learning experience.
Kyiv International School follows the Mastery Learning educational approach in which students are provided the time and resources required to achieve mastery of a subject. Instruction is based on student's needs, class assignments are specific, purposeful and relevant to the learning outcomes.
We choose mastery learning because more students achieve higher and more enduring results.
We expect every student to be successful and we create the conditions for this success through:
- Flexible placement in Reading, Writing, and Mathematics; students are placed in classes where they will be appropriately challenged.
- Instruction based on students’ needs.
- Small class sizes.
- Teaching until mastery is demonstrated (low or inconsistent performance isn’t good enough to move on to the next course).
- Giving students enough time to master new material so that more students demonstrate proficiency and achievement at higher levels throughout the year.
- Requiring more from students; they are challenged to achieve a deep level of understanding rather than passing a course with only a 70% understanding.