As an important part of the child safeguarding and protection plan, teachers instruct all children from a young age and in an age-appropriate way to:
- Understand their right to be safe and recognize abuse of this right.
- Identify people who can help to keep children safe.
- Talk to a trusted adult when they do not feel safe.
Child protection lessons align with QSI’s success orientations. In order to create a safe and supportive learning environment, QSI schools focus on:
- Concern for others: treating each other with respect and empathy.
- Group interaction: collaborating with each other and developing relationships that value equity and diversity.
- Responsibility: recognizing individual rights and protecting ourselves while respecting others.
- Trustworthiness: making decisions that are informed, fair, safe, and ethical.
- Independent Endeavor: recognizing unsafe or unfair situations and responding in a thoughtful way.